What is SED-ML?
Welcome to the home page of the Simulation Experiment Description Markup Language (SED-ML). SED-ML is an XML-based format for encoding simulation setups, to ensure exchangeability and reproducibility of simulation experiments. It follows the requirements defined in the MIASE guidelines.
The current version is SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 and covers the description of time course simulation experiments as well as repeated tasks and steady state experiments.
For further specification documents and proposals see the Specifications page.
- SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 - Releases (2013-12-02)
- The final specification of SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 is now available.
- Call for nominations for two SED-ML Editors (2013-11-28)
- The SED-ML Editorial Board seeks two new editors for 2014. Please submit nominations before December 11, 2013.
- SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 - New Release Candidate (2013-11-13)
- A release candidate of the next version of the SED-ML Level 1 Version 2 Specification is available online.
- Next SED-ML community event: COMBINE 2013
- The next official meeting of the SED-ML community will be as part of the annual COMBINE Meeting taking place in Paris/France from 17th-20th of September.
- Repeated Tasks Proposal accepted
- The proposal to include repeated tasks in SED-ML has been accepted (summary here), the editors are working on including it into the specification.
The SED-ML community
SED-ML is a community project that is under continuous development, currently exploring the extension of SED-ML to cover more simulation experiment types.
The SED-ML community comprises simulation software developers and modelers from the different communities applying computational methods on biology, medicine, neuroscience etc. Several instruments guarantee the open discussion of the SED-ML language development:
- The official mailing list for the SED-ML project is sed-ml-discuss. The mailing list is free for everyone to join. It is the place where all issues regarding the SED-ML language are being discussed. Announcements of SED-ML related events and support issues are posted on SED-ML disucss. Requests for new SED-ML features should be made through the mailing list also. Another important function of the mailing list is the voting for SED-ML editors, as well as for SED-ML proposals. Subscription to the mailing list are always welcome.
- Sourceforge project site
- The SED-ML Sourceforge project site hosts all code related to the SED-ML language, including the SED-ML XML Schema, the SED-ML specification document, SED-ML feature requests and proposals for SED-ML extensions.
- SED-ML editors
- The SED-ML editors are being elected by the members of the sed-ml-discuss mailing list for a period of three years. SED-ML editors are responsible for hosting all material relevant to SED-ML, coordinating the SED-ML development, maintaining the SED-ML sourceforge website and the SED-ML specification document. The list of current and past SED-ML editors is being made available through the SED-ML web page.
- SED-ML meetings
- SED-ML is part of the COMBINE effort. The SED-ML community meets twice a year, at the annual COMBINE meeting and at the annual HARMONY meeting.